I have to be honest. This is the very first post that I wrote for this blog, even if it wasn’t the first one posted. And it is an entirely selfish post.
You see, I am a planner by nature. Goals broken down into smaller tasks; organized, prioritized, and assigned to a schedule – that’s where I SHINE. Where I’ve had problems in the past is in the execution. I tend to be a thinker, not a doer. So I knew that I would need some encouragement to get this blog dream of mine off of the ground.
Below are the 10 inspirational quotes that I kept plastered across the memo boards in my office. They helped me through the hours of research and late nights typing away on my laptop.
I hope that they can help inspire you in this season of your life, whatever your aspirations may include, big and small.
1. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” ~Jim Rohn
2. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” ~Jack Canfield
3. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” ~Peter Drucker
4. “Goals are dreams with deadlines.” ~Diana Scharf
5. “He who has a ‘why’ to live for can bear with almost any ‘how.’” ~Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “You may delay, but time will not.” ~Benjamin Franklin
7. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” ~Walt Disney
8. “Remember why you started.” ~Unknown
9. “Knowledge without action is meaningless.” ~Abu Bakr
10. “Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it.” ~Unknown
And one more piece of inspiration for whatever journey you may be traveling…
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.”2 Timothy 1:7